Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Curse

I was asked what it is like to be outnumbered by women around the house.

Like most men I have zero knowledge of the "CURSE"
You know, when you have the painters in to retexture the walls
Painting the town red
Riding the cotton pony
Or the various other ways you describe your monthly "CURSE".
Well as a man all I know is this.

Women do tend to flow together in groups so once a month I try to take my son and run for the hills.
The wifey and two daughters scare the bejeezus out of me.
I'm scared they'll have a knife after I eat the last morsel of chocolate chip cookies or dare even ask if I can have a single sheet of toilet paper and debate on just using my hand so I don't have to bother any of the females in the house. Leaving the seat up or having bad aim has been known to cause bodily harm.
I hope I don't offend anyone I am just teasing about this... Please, put the sharpened pencil down.

Being around the women at home helps me get a little better idea about some things. Except the little female pacts when you all sit in a circle chanting. I also now now where Steven King has gotten inspiration for some of his novels. It also keeps me in line because it is a constant reminder of who really runs the world.

We all think men do but even President Obama asks Michelle if his tie matches his suit.
And you know she sends him back to put on matching colored socks.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Scott you need a t-shirt that says I survived PMS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, good idea.
      Of course any women that see me would tar and feather me.

      Delete
  2. I've seen those t-shirts. :) I told my husband after one particularly rough time of the month, that he needed a shirt. He told me he wasn't quite sure he'd survived. LOL

    ReplyDelete